7 Rules of good nutrition for teens

4 min read

70% of human health depends on proper nutrition. The other 30% are genetics, sleep patterns, sports, and the area where a person lives. Since so much depends on nutrition, we can safely say that the earlier a person starts to eat well, the better his/her health will be. And it is very important to eat exactly the adolescents, because in them during this period in the body there are a lot of changes. In this article, we will discuss about how to be healthy and fit teenager and will present few rules to follow good nutrition for teens.

Let’s start with calories. Every person needs to consider their daily calorie intake, the consumption of which will help to constantly be full, and the body to cope well with daily tasks. If a teenager eats too much, then he/she may have obesity, caries, other problems with the gastric tract, and if too little, then there will be brittle bones, dizziness, etc. In addition, any disease can also appear from poor-quality food. Therefore, the quality of food and its caloric value is of paramount importance in good nutrition for teens.

7 nutrition rules for teenagers

good nutrition for teens

How to determine a teenager how much he/she needs to consume calories per day? Naturally, there are many different formulas in terms of good nutrition for teens, but make your life easier and find an online calculator, in which you only enter your parameters, age, and it will tell you how many calories you need to eat per day.

Rule #1 – Well, now let us give an answer to what can and should be eaten, and what food to avoid. And the first, most important point is water. It is pure, without gas, unsweetened, without dyes water. After all, the human body is as much as 80% water and when it is not enough, dry and flabby skin, headaches, brittle nails and hair, a rash on the skin, etc. are observed. So, still if you have a question in mind that how to stay healthy and fit, no doubt the advice №1 for teenagers and all people – drink two liters of pure water every day. You can drink up to two cups of coffee and tea (without sugar) and you shouldn’t drink juice from bags, sweet water, it’s better not to drink sweet compotes, etc.

You may also like to know about different types of lips

Rule #2 – The second rule is to eliminate junk food from the diet, like chips and crackers, fast food (fast food), bread (whether black or white), fatty foods, sweets, flour products, Coca-Cola, ice cream, pizza, sugar, etc. P. Avoid food that is made in a variety of butter or fried. And prefer the boiled, baked or stewed food.

Rule #3 – In your diet there must be three meals that should not be skipped for stay healthy. There may also be two snacks – between breakfast and lunch, as well as lunch and dinner. Breakfast is 25% of daily calories, 40% is lunch, another 25% is dinner and 10% are snacks.

Rule #4 – You can eat sweets, but no more than once a week and then until 12.00 pm (for example, one candy or a piece of dark chocolate). Fruits can eat no more than 200 grams and only until 16.00 hours.

Rule #5 – Do not eat four hours before bedtime. Believe me, adhering to this rule, adolescents will feel good and very cheerful.

Rule #6 – For breakfast, a teenager must be given porridge or scrambled eggs. For example, porridge with a piece of meat, or oatmeal, or an omelet with two eggs, or cottage cheese. For lunch it is better to eat fully. For example, in the diet should be soup, salad and side dish with a piece of meat. And for dinner – a salad with fish (or chicken). To sum up, dinner should be light.

Rule #7 – For a snack – only a healthy dish. For example, in order for a teenager not to eat snacks, prepare a pita with chicken and tomatoes, a sandwich with whole bread, etc. And also as a snack, give apples or other fruits.

As you can see, in fact, the 7 rules of good nutrition for teens is not much different from the rules of good nutrition for an adult. The only difference is that adolescents need more energy because of changes in their bodies.

You May Also Like

More From Author