If you are looking at your bathroom and feeling like it needs a bit of a makeover there are some simple things that you can do to make the room, feel fresh and renewed without having to spend vast amounts of money on a whole new bathroom suite. Here are a few ideas for you:
- Update your bath or shower panels – this may include buying a new bath side panel to freshen up the look of your bath area or perhaps installing some 8mm shower glass panels like the ones you can find at co.uk/products/8mm-clear-toughened-shower-screen-wetroom-panel-glass to give your shower area a new look.
- Install a mirror – when placing a mirror on the wall on the opposite side to any windows that you may have, you will find that it helps to add light into the room and will also help to make it appear larger than it really is. This method of adding light and space is also used in hallways and other areas of the house and is a popular option used by interior designers. You can find mirrors in a variety of types including decorative and also those that include elements of bathroom storage such a toothbrush holder and even those that are a part of a cabinet that can be used for storage or perhaps a medicine cabinet.
- Freshening up the grouting – when the grouting between your tiles starts to fade and age you can find that it starts to turn a yellow colour and is much less appealing than original white colour. To give this a new lease of life it is worth giving it a good clean with an old toothbrush and you can also use a grouting pen to draw over the existing grout to brighten up the colour.
- Paint – giving your bathroom a new lick of paint can instantly lift the feeling of the room and can help give it a spa like feeling. Colours that are often used in bathrooms include the standard magnolia but also shades of purples, blues and yellows.
- Little touches – you can also add little elements to your bathroom to include candles and perhaps some more ornate towel holders. These will give your bathroom a different feel, with the added bonus of candles helping you to relax when you enjoy a nice soak in the bath after a long hard day at the office.
There are many more things that you can do to add something new to your bathroom and a quick internet search will give you plenty of ideas.